Ocha Zanmai: International Conference on Chanoyu and Tea Culture
- Paul Ganir, Stanford University
- Robert Hackman, University of California, Davis
- Tamaki Yano, Doshisha University, Kyoto, Japan
- Larry Tiscornia, Chado Urasenke Tankokai SF Association
- Kentaro Tsuda, owner of Restaurant Chikuyotei, Tokyo, with Chef Yuji Ogino from Chikuyotei at Nishinomiya and Chef Masayoshi Yamashita from Chikuyotei at Rihga Royal Hotel Osaka
- Sayoko Sugiyama, confectioner for Okashimaru, Kyoto, Japan
During the lunch recess, confectioner Sayoko Sugiyama will serve her homemade “metal fruit,” served with a bowl of matcha green tea from Ito Ryuoen Cha Ho, Kyoto, Japan.
Previous Ocha Zanmai conferences at SF State have attracted hundreds of attendees — scholars, practitioners and the curious — from the U.S. and abroad.
Midori McKeon, a professor of Japanese language and literature at San Francisco State University, is conference chair and organizer.
- College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Dilena Takeyama Center for the Study of Japan and Japanese Culture
- Modern Languages and Literatures Department
Photo by Larry Tiscornia