Abina and the Important Men
According to director Soumyaa K. Behrens, Abina was driven by the imagination of a future that did not yet exist. The film tries to embrace that imagination and expose her efforts toward a more just world.
Produced by the Documentary Film Institute at San Francisco State University, the characters in the film were cast from the community at San Francisco State.
- Trevor Getz, professor and chair, History Department, San Francisco State University; author, Abina and The Important Men graphic novel
- Stacey Lynn Kertsman, dean of equity education and social impact, director of ACE center, Castilleja School
- Robert Keith Collins, associate professor and chair, American Indian Studies Department, San Francisco State University
- Soumyaa Behrens, director, Documentary Film Institute, San Francisco State University; director, Abina and the Important Men film
- More information about this event
- Abina and the Important Men
- Documentary Film Institute
- History Department