Morrison Artists Series: Septura
Ensemble in residence at the Royal Academy of Music, London, the group is recording a series of 10 discs for Naxos Records, each focused on a particular period, genre and set of composers, creating a “counter-factual history” of brass chamber music.
The first six discs have received critical acclaim, described variously as “irresistible” (Fiona Maddocks, The Observer), “dazzlingly polished” (Anna Picard, BBC Music Magazine) and “brass playing at its most exalted” (Robert Markow, Fanfare).
- Giovanni Gabrieli (circa 1554 – 1612): Exultavit cor meum
- Barbara Strozzi (1619 – 1677): Il Primo de Madrigali (selection)
- Orlande de Lassus (circa 1530 – 1594): Lagrime di San Pietro
- Felix Mendelssohn (1809 – 1847): Organ Sonata in C minor
- Clara Schumann (1819 – 1896): Piano Sonata in G minor
Photo by Matthew Lloyd