Morrison Artists Series: Zéphyros Winds
“This young ensemble could convince you that the sound of music in heaven is a delicately blended and balanced ensemble of flute, oboe, clarinet, horn and bassoon.” — Washington Post
- Fatma Daglar, oboe
- Jennifer Grim, flute
- Marianne Gythfeldt, clarinet
- Saxton Rose, bassoon
- Zohar Schondorf, horn
In 2010, Zéphyros Winds performed in Beijing, China, at the National Centre for the Performing Arts’ May Festival. The Philadelphia Museum of Art engaged Zéphyros to create a program complimenting the exhibition, Manet and the Sea. At the invitation of the French Embassy in Washington, D.C., Zéphyros performed a gala concert celebrating the centenary of Francis Poulenc’s birth.
Radio broadcasts include Performance Today for National Public Radio (most recently in early 2016), Public Radio International’s Music from Chautauqua and WNYC’s Around New York. The quintet’s live recording of Irving Fine’s Partita for Woodwind Quintet was released on Bridge Records. Zéphyros has given master classes at the Yale University School of Music, The Juilliard School, Eastman School of Music and the Idyllwild Arts Academy.
- György Ligeti (1923 – 2006): Six Bagatelles for Wind Quintet (1953)
- Irving Fine (1914 – 1962): Partita for Wind Quintet (1948)
- György Ligeti: Ten Pieces for Wind Quintet (1968)
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 – 1791): Serenade No. 12 in C minor, K. 388 (1783)
Photo by Ian Donald