Morrison Artists Series: New Millennium Ensemble
“The expert young players of the New Millennium Ensemble have an admirable catholicity of taste and the virtuosity to support it.” — The New York Times
- Tara Helen O'Connor, flute
- Gregory Hesselink, cello
- Marianne Gythfeldt, clarinet
- Sunghae Anna Lim, violin
- John Ferrari, percussion
- Margaret Kampmeier, piano
The New Millennium Ensemble has appeared at Merkin Hall, Miller Theatre, the Ethical Culture Society, Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall and at Harvard, Columbia and Princeton universities as well as on WNYC’s Around New York. Past performances include appearances at the Radio Leun Festival in Mexico, Festival of New American Music in Sacramento, Sonic Boom Festival in New York, a residency and concert with the Pittsburgh Chamber Music Society and the Naumburg Award Recital at Alice Tully Hall.
In addition, the group has presented children’s concerts under the auspices of the Lincoln Center Chamber Music Society, Merkin Hall and the Harlem School for the Arts. Highlights of recent seasons include performances at the Eastman School of Music, Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center’s Double Exposure series and American Academy in Rome.
The ensemble released its debut CD, Here Comes Everybody, on the CRI label. A second recording features works of Morton Feldman and is available on Koch International.
- Pierre Boulez (1925 – 2016): Derive for six instruments (1984)
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 – 1750): Trio Sonata from The Musical Offering (1747)
- Johannes Brahms (1833 – 1897): Trio in A minor for Clarinet, Cello and Piano (1891)
- Richard Festinger (1948 – ): A Serenade for Six (1993)