Yehudi Menuhin Seminar and Festival for Chamber Music
Launched in 2003 to honor the great violinist Yehudi Menuhin’s association with San Francisco and SF State, this event advances the belief that music has the power to create understanding and transcend differences between people. Directed by Cyrus Ginwala.
Members of the Alexander String Quartet and Menuhin Seminar/Festival faculty will serve as judges.
- February 1, 1 p.m.: Open rehearsal
- February 1, 2 – 5 p.m.: Master class with seminar faculty
- February 1, 5:30 p.m.: Discussion on “roots of Romanticism” with seminar faculty
- February 2, 7:30 p.m.: Seminar festival concert featuring seminar faculty. Works by Schumann and Mendelssohn.
- February 3, 10 a.m. – noon: Semifinals
- February 3, 2 – 4:30 p.m.: Finals and grand-finale performance
Alexander String Quartet
- Zakarias Grafilo, violin
- Frederick Lifsitz, violin
- Paul Yarbrough, viola
- Sandy Wilson, cello
- Eric Chin, violin
- Joseph Maile, violin
- Pei-Ling Lin, viola
- Jeremiah Shaw, cello