Journalism of the Future
This industry and academy roundtable discussion explores how newsrooms use new technology, if tech will replace print publications, if virtual reality and augmented reality create empathy, definitions of fake news, how technology improves accessibility and how to get a technology job in journalism. Free.
- Reed Albergotti, reporter, The Washington Post
- Ericka Cruz Guevarra, producer, KQED
- Lawrence Carter-Long, director of communications, Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund
- Elizabeth Bradley Hunter, assistant professor of theatre studies
- Joshua Davis, assistant professor of Journalism
Hosted by the Fabula(b) in the SF State School of Theatre and Dance, in partnership with SF State’s School of Theatre and Dance, School of Design and Paul K. Longmore Institute on Disability and the CSU Entertainment Alliance.