Hello LCA students!
This is Joshua Ochoa, your Associated Students LCA Representative. I wanted to reach out to you to let you know that I hope you’re all doing well during these crazy times. I know the transition to online classes has been difficult for many of you. Because of that, I encourage you all to communicate your needs and struggles with your professors so that they can accommodate you as best as possible.
For those of you still in the Bay Area, I want you to know that the University and Associated Students are still providing several essential basic needs services and resources, including:
- AS Gator Groceries food pantry: Free pre-made meal boxes are distributed Wednesday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., at the Cesar Chavez Student Center information desk, while supplies last.
- CalFresh Help Clinic: CalFresh, federally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), issues monthly electronic benefits that can be used to buy most foods at many markets. SF State provides help with screening, application assistance, questions and troubleshooting. Schedule a Zoom video appointment; email email@example.com for virtual assistance-screening, application assistance, documents and questions.
- Emergency meal cards: Cards will continue to be distributed through the Dean-on-Call program. Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Student Services Building, Room 403.
- Laundry kits: Distributed Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Student Services Building, Room 403. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- HOPE Crisis Fund: For students experiencing financial difficulty due to circumstances beyond their control, assistance is available through SF State’s Help, Opportunity and Pathway to Empowerment Crisis Fund.
- Mashouf Wellness Center: The Mashouf Wellness Center is closed, but the locker rooms, bathrooms and showers are available to students. Monday and Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Dean-on-Call: To request a phone or Zoom appointment with a Dean-on-Call, please email email@example.com.
- College of Liberal & Creative Arts student services: Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance or have questions.
For more resources available from SF State and the greater Bay Area community, please visit the College of LCA’s basic needs web page. This page will continue to be updated to ensure it remains accurate. Visit SF State’s COVID-19 web page for updates on the University-wide response to this crisis.
While we may not be on campus for the remainder of the academic semester, I encourage any and all of you to reach out to me if you have any questions, comments or concerns at email@example.com. Please also feel free to message me on Instagram (@joshuaochoa.as) and I will do my best to help you. Even if you are feeling a tad lonely during these quarantine times and feel that you need someone to talk to about anything, please don’t hesitate to email or message me to talk as well! I am here to support all of you with anything.
Thanks so much, and hang in there.
College of Liberal & Creative Arts Representative, Associated Students