The Marcus Undergraduate Student Virtual Travel Grant awards grants up to $400 for student majors in the College of Liberal & Creative Arts who will present their work at a virtual peer-reviewed or juried conference/meeting/exhibit (e.g., a presenter of a paper, exhibitor of a creative project, or performer). Funding can be spent on conference registration fees and/or dues for professional organizations sponsoring the conference who require membership to present. The conference must be in a virtual format.
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate at SF State and majoring within the College of Liberal & Creative Arts.
- Must be an active participant in the virtual peer-reviewed or juried conference/meeting/exhibit (e.g., a presenter of a paper, exhibitor of a creative project or performer.)
- The conference/meeting/exhibit must be in a virtual format. Funds cannot be spent on physical travel.
- Funding can be spent on registration fees and/or membership dues for professional organizations sponsoring the conference who require membership to present.
- No more than $400 will be awarded per student each fiscal year.
- Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to travel.
- Apply for this grant online via Qualtrics. You will be asked to provide:
- General Information (Your name, SFSU ID#, SFSU email address, and Major Department)
- Information about the virtual conference or meeting you plan to attend (title, dates, and registration fees)
- Presentation Information (Title and type of presentation, accepted abstract or submission)
- Evidence of your participation (e.g. letter of invitation or acceptance, or a copy of the program listing your name/presentation)
- A brief statement indicating how participation in this conference/meeting will enhance your educational goals (~200-400 words)
- Once submitted, your application with automatically forward to your major Department Chair for approval.
- Upon approval from your major Department Chair, CURE will notify you of your award.
For questions about this opportunity, please contact Bridget Gelms (email@example.com). For Qualtrics application support, please contact Alyscia Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org).