The Marcus Undergraduate Student Presentation Grant awards grants up to $1000 for student majors in the College of Liberal & Creative Arts who will present their work at an in-person or virtual peer-reviewed or juried conference/meeting/exhibit (e.g., a presenter of a paper, exhibitor of a creative project, or performer).
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis during the academic year.
Student expenses for travel and or registration fees will be funded only if the following conditions are met, and the request is approved in advance by the students’ department chair.
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate at SF State and majoring within the College of Liberal & Creative Arts.
- Must be an active participant in the peer-reviewed or juried conference/meeting/exhibit (e.g., a presenter of a paper, exhibitor of a creative project, or performer.)
- Funding can be spent on transportation, lodging, meals, and conference registration, and meals limited to $55 per diem (day) and/or reimbursement limitations (e.g. no reimbursement for alcoholic beverages.)
- No more than $1000 will be awarded per student each fiscal year. Funds must be expended in accordance with state travel regulations. Funding requests to travel outside of the U.S. must follow current CSU International Travel/Travel to High-Risk Countries guidelines and the advance process necessary through the college dean (or designee), Risk Management, the provost, and the president. NOTE: Travel insurance is required for all International Travel with the insurance cost being deducted from the allocation.
- May not be reimbursed for mileage or the cost of a rental car unless he/she/they is employed by the University (or appointed as a volunteer) and meets the SF State Driver Safety Program requirements.
- Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to domestic travel and at least 45 days prior to international travel.
- For SF State/CSU detailed travel information, please read the CSU Travel Policy (pdf).