The Peer2Peer program enhances the student mentee experience by linking them one-on-one with an upper-division peer mentor. Student mentees are paired with someone invested in their success — a person ready to listen, inspire, help navigate challenges and recognize opportunities.
Through LCA Peer2Peer, SF State students will have ongoing access to a network of mentors trained to offer guidance and advice. Students will be matched with a personal mentor based on common academic interests, career goals, life challenges, and experiences. Students can also use the platform’s discussion guides and goal-setting activities to spark meaningful conversations with their mentors. Topics range from time management and work-life balance to networking and job-seeking advice.
How It Works
Students will be matched with a peer mentor based on common interests, background, academics and professional aspirations. To get started, students and mentors register and complete an online survey to assess personality and experience.
Eligible mentees and mentors will receive an email inviting them to participate, so stay tuned and read your SF State emails.
What Do Mentors and Mentees Discuss?
- How will my major impact my professional options?
- How do I balance the demands of school, responsibilities and socializing?
- How can I set myself up for academic, social, and career success?
- How do I make connections with peers and professional contacts?
- Once you are matched with a mentee, you will both decide how you want to connect, which can happen via email, phone, videochat, text or in-person.
- We recommend that you connect with your mentee(s) at least once a month.
- The mentorship program officially ends each May, but mentoring pairs can stay connected after the program formally ends, if they wish.